
It’s those little moments that happen during the day that I treasure. Little things, that for the most part have no bearing on the outside world, and no real impact on life here at home, but they are the moments that melt my heart. The moments that I feel love as it should be, warm and overwhelming. Real love that is unselfish, wanting nothing in return, no strings attached, just pure love straight from the heart.
I find that in those moments with Sam; when he snuggles on my lap, chewing on his favorite blanket, and I’m holding him close to my chest, another blanket wrapped snugly around him and nuzzling his ear. We sit and rock in his room. While it is cold and snowy outside, his room is warm and peaceful. We sit in the rocking chair and rock. Intermittently, he lays his head on my chest and then raises it to look at me. If he makes eye contact with me, he’ll laugh and push his forehead against my lips…his way of kissing me. Sam is stingy with his kisses, he rarely gives them out. But he loves to be kissed and pushes his forehead against any cat, dog, or human that he expects to get a kiss from.
Today was one of those days. I feel so blessed to have him, this precious little boy who has truly been a gift from God for all of us. For Hope, for T.J., for Paul…in fact, even for the dog who now waits patiently at the foot of Sam’s high chair for the inevitable crumb or chunk of food to fall.
I savor these moments, every one of them. For I already know that they go by too fast. The day will come when he is too big to snuggle against my chest. Nor will he want to. But for now, I will stop whatever I am doing and hold him. Nothing is more important than that for me, look at my house and you will see…everything stops for a little cuddle time with my last baby.
I find that in those moments with Sam; when he snuggles on my lap, chewing on his favorite blanket, and I’m holding him close to my chest, another blanket wrapped snugly around him and nuzzling his ear. We sit and rock in his room. While it is cold and snowy outside, his room is warm and peaceful. We sit in the rocking chair and rock. Intermittently, he lays his head on my chest and then raises it to look at me. If he makes eye contact with me, he’ll laugh and push his forehead against my lips…his way of kissing me. Sam is stingy with his kisses, he rarely gives them out. But he loves to be kissed and pushes his forehead against any cat, dog, or human that he expects to get a kiss from.
Today was one of those days. I feel so blessed to have him, this precious little boy who has truly been a gift from God for all of us. For Hope, for T.J., for Paul…in fact, even for the dog who now waits patiently at the foot of Sam’s high chair for the inevitable crumb or chunk of food to fall.
I savor these moments, every one of them. For I already know that they go by too fast. The day will come when he is too big to snuggle against my chest. Nor will he want to. But for now, I will stop whatever I am doing and hold him. Nothing is more important than that for me, look at my house and you will see…everything stops for a little cuddle time with my last baby.
1 comment:
Beautiful, Angel, absolutely beautiful.
Post a Comment