
One of my favorite parts of summer is sitting outside in the early morning hours and reading my Bible and morning devotions. The air is cool, the birds are chirping, the neighbors have yet to wake up themselves, or leave their homes to start their days.
I'm somewhat of an early bird, a trait I get from my father, but I love to get up early before the kids do and enjoy the peace and quiet, focus my thoughts for the day through my readings and prayers, and then check my calendar for the upcoming activities to plan our day. Anywhere from 5 to 6 am, you will find me up, with my cup of vanilla biscotti coffee and books, reading.
Thanks to Dh, I now I have a new deck on which to lounge in my lawn chair and read while hiding obscurely in the little niche our house forms around the deck. Across the back yard, I have a view of the old fashioned white church with it's steeple peeping above the tree. I noticed this morning that my view of the steeple isn't as clear as it used to be. It would seem the tree in front of it has grown!
This is my favorite part of the day. And on those days when I am crunched for time and miss out, I can feel it the rest of the day. It is this time that centers me and sets my focus for what is ahead; it is the time that I feel closest to God and hear is voice directing me, leading me, guiding me from the things that are of this world toward what God has planned for my day and to recommit myself to Him.
It is usually, the last time I feel this much peace before the kids are up and the hectic schedule of the day ensues. So I enjoy it while I can...if I only I could keep that feeling all day!
1 comment:
That sounds amazing! I would love to join you. I really would love to come and sit tucked away, quietly sipping on some of that amazing sounding coffee, and just talk about life. Im glad you have a private little niche to recharge you.
Post a Comment