"The king of Egypt was a cruel man who hated the Jews. He made them work hard, building cities and temples. He beat them if they ever stopped to rest. The king hated the Jews, but was scared because there were so many in his kingdom. He decided to make a new law which said that all Jewish baby boys were to be killed as soon as they were born."
Wow. How's that sound for a bedtime story for a 19 month old?!? :O
I was at the dollar store a few days ago and found all of these really cute board books that tell some of the Old Testament stories. This particular passage was from one called Miriam: Women of the Bible, and that was taken from the first 2 board/pages. I started to read it to Sam and I thought, cripes! I can't read this to him! The kid is going to have nightmares!
I'm beginning to think that there are some Bible stories that are best to wait to tell they are older. At least certain aspects of the stories. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment