Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Am Blessed

It seems like so much has happened the last two years and yet it also seems like nothing has happened. The past two years feel like a big dark black hole to me. Only in the past week has a light began to shine. Finally, I am beginning to feel true joy in my heart. No specific reason for it, really, and I really can't attribute it to any circumstance or event, it's just there. I feel it when I see Sam smile. I feel it when TJ runs in from a day of playing with his friends. I feel it in the cool evening breezes of summer. So many small and simple things that I have not been noticing, but am now. Summer is almost gone. And I have spent the better part of it saying how much I hate it...mostly the heat. But we have been blessed with mostly mild temps. The evening hours have been gorgeous!

I realized this week that there are only 3 weeks left till Hope starts high school and 4 weeks till T.J. goes back. That is very limited and precious time to squeeze in a whole summer's worth of fun, but that is what I will try to do with the time we have left.

For the first time in the last 'almost' two years, I feel true peace. I feel truly at ease with my life as it is right now. All I need is my kids with me and God leading the way and all will be good. All is good! Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

So good to hear from you! And I'm happy that "all is good" =]

Enjoy the rest of the summer. It definitely has gone by too fast!

buckeyesue said...

Dear Angel,

Today, for some reason, I thought of you and decided to check your blog. I knew that previously it had been quite some time since you had posted an entry.

I was surprised and very happy to read your latest entry.

I am so glad that you are now feeling joy and peace in your heart.

Your children are growing up so fast! It is hard to believe that Hope will already be entering high school!

I'm sure that your children are bringing you great joy.

Hugs,
Sue