Monday, July 03, 2006

All Stars progress...

Well, after the last game, I had this really nice story all written out and then I lost it when I thought I had saved it. All that got saved was the title. But anyway, we lost our second game...in an extra inning of play. The game was EXTREMELY close the whole night. Talk about NERVE WRACKING! We were tied at the end of the 6th. So it went into an extra inning of play. Since the rules stated the pitcher can only pitch 6 innings a night, and must have a day and a game of rest between pitching, that left the last inning of pitching up to Hope. The poor kid! I think I was stressed out and pressured more than she was! There's just nothing like standing there and listening to the crowd cheer your daughter's name and knowing that the game is riding on her every pitch.

The other team had last bat and we were ahead by 2. They eventually tied the score, with 3 balls, and 2 strikes on the last batter...bases loaded. Well, poor Hope....she threw a ball, walked the batter, walking in the 3rd basemen for their winning run.

It was a heartbreaking loss. However we weren't out of the tournament yet. We have to lose twice before we are out.

We played again last night and creamed the opposing team. So that means we will be playing again tonight.

Our girls' softball program is relatively new, I believe this is the 4th year it's been in existence, but it's amazing to see how it has evolved! The first year Hope played, the girls travelled and played out of town leagues. The lost every one of them, so to see them holding their own at the All Star games is awesome!

I'll let you know how tonight's game turns out!

2 comments:

Nan said...

Hooray Hope!!! :^)
Nan

Anonymous said...

You are a very good sports writer! I can feel all of your tension! She sounds like a go-getter.
Isaiah used to play baseball he played first base and pitched. It was fun, but very stressful at times. Isaiah is very into wrestling though, and Levi is still exploring both sports to see which is his greater love.
Great pictures, and keep it up girls!! Good for you Hope!!
Do you think you will pursue softball with Hope? I know you guys have TJ wrestle right,what other sports do you guys do if any?