Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Last Game....


I know I'm behind on this, but that is because once again, I had it all typed out and then lost it. :(

Anyway, we lost our final game of the All Stars tourney. Actually, we got totally creamed. We started out in the lead, going into the 2nd inning, we were ahead by 8 runs. But then our pitcher began to have an off-night and started to walk everyone. Twice, the coaches walked out to the mound to talk to her, but the bad run continued until we were down by about 10 runs. Finally, they pulled her out and put Hope up to pitch. The bad luck continued. Hope pitched a few strikes, but also threw some more balls, and they continued to walk on base. So in a last ditch effort, the coaches pulled her off the mound and put in the catcher. Unfortunately, to no avail. The last time I remember looking at the score, it was 21-8. And remember, we were ahead by 8 at the beginning.

So yes, it was an embarrassing loss. The girls were sad and there were quite a few tears after that game. Talking to Hope afterwards she said she was just trying to 'zone out' while she was pitching. She said if she could 'zone out' she could throw strikes..."remember those 3 in a row I threw?" she asked. I said yes, she said, "that's because I was zoned out, I was sining a song in my head."
"Singing a song?" I asked.
"Yes" she said, "it helps me focus."
"So what were you singing?" I asked.
"You know, that song from American Idol...."So you had a bad day' ?"

Needless to say, I was literally laughing my butt off. *sigh* Yes, they had a bad day. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that song.

Too bad they lost though!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...bummer! Well it sounds like she had a great year, and the All-Stars nonetheless. ;)