One of the hardest things for me to comprehend when I became pregnant with Sam, was how in the world was I going to keep up with all of Hope and T.J.'s activities with a baby in tow? Well so far, we've managed to figure it out one way or another. Of course it helps that he is such a good baby. He's much more likely to sit quietly with me or play near me than his brother was at this age. Note: there's a reason for the 7 year age gap between my last two. ;)
At soccer games, I would throw a blanket on the ground and give him a ball. He didn't seem to care much for grass, so he was content to stay within the comfort of his soft quilt to play.
At softball games, I would throw a blanket down in the back of the minivan, pop the hatch to block the sun, and voila! Our own portable play pen!
But alas! Volleyball and wrestling seasons are here! And the baby is much more mobile and getting more difficult to contain. At the last wrestling meet, I spent most of the meet following him around and taking water and soda bottles away from him. The boy does love his bottles!
And last night was his first volleyball meet. At first, he was quite content to sit in the bleachers and even clap along with the rest of the crowd. But toward the end, he'd decided climbing the bleachers was so much more fun!

Such is the life of a mother of three. But I wouldn't trade one second of it for anything. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment