
Don't you just love answered prayers?
There have been several things I've been praying about on a daily basis in the last month that God, in His mercy and grace, has seen fit to answer. One of which has been a daily prayer for the spiritual growth in my children. Specifically for Hope, I have been praying that as she starts to begin her teen years, she will find comfort and strength in God, and be strong enough to stand against peer pressure; that she will learn to turn to Him and keep her faith in Him, no matter what happens.
Last night, Hope came downstairs after everyone else was in bed and while I was at the computer wrapping up some loose ends and checking out the weather for today (STILL hot and muggy!)
"Mom," she starts, "I've decided to start on a new spiritual journey."
"You have?!" I reply. "Yes," she says, "I wanted to ask you to pray for me while I do this."
"Hope, I pray for you every day, honey."
"You do?"
"Yes, I do."
"Well, will you pray for me as I start this journey that I won't quit? Will you help me if I have trouble, and help keep me going?"
"No problem," I reply, "Exactly what is this journey that you are starting?"
"Well, I've decided to start studying Proverbs," she replies. See, we have begun a study of Proverbs at church on Sundays. "Proverbs is really pretty interesting," she says, "There's a lot of good stuff in there!"
"Yes, there is," I agree. "But Proverbs is really hard to take in all at one time. It might be better if you try to just read a bit of it at a time and let it sink in. Proverbs isn't like reading a story or a book."
"I noticed that," she replies, "I'm only going to read small parts of it a day. Mom...thank you for praying for me, I love you!"
"I love you too, Hope...that's why I pray for you. And your brothers and your dad. Good night, honey."
"Night, mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment