Friday, October 13, 2006

Getting Back in the Saddle...

I have been slacking on my daily devotions and readings. I was always so good about this before Sam was born and never missed a day. But once that little precious, wriggling, bundle of joy entered our lives, it seemed my whole world was turned upside down. :D

Like many other times in my life, when I feel like my world is spinning out of control, and I begin to feel overwhelmed by all the expectations and responsiblities of my life, I eventually realize what I am missing...my daily time with God.

Every morning, before the rest of the family was up, I would get my hot cup of coffee (Fat free french vanilla cream and 2 packets of sweetener, please!), snuggle up in my nice warm comfy chair with my Bible, my notebook and my printed morning devotion http://thisdaysthought.org/ , light a scented candle, and read.

Starting my day in this way, has always given me a sense of peace, serenity, and strength for whatever the coming day is going to bring me. So as you can imagine, skipping this part of my routine (in most case, to get just a little more sleep in) has begun to take it's toll.

So, in an effort to get back in the habit (they say it takes doing something for 28 days in a row to become a habit) I am going to make myself accountable here and post my own personal 'quiet time thoughts' here on my blog with all of you! Please feel free to hold me accountable and comment on them. I would love to hear your input as well. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! I've been waiting for you to get back in the swing of things! I've missed your spirit!