
Last week, Sam and I attended our first Kindermusik Sign and Sing class. The class is a parent/child sign language class. So far, Sam just pretty much thinks the signing is funny and laughs when he sees me doing it, but he's such a smart little stinker and picks up on things so fast, I'm hoping he'll actually pick up on it in a few months.
Right now, it's just so much fun to get out of the house and meet with other moms and their babes. There is another little boy there that is 3 weeks older than Sam, a 2 year old and a 3 year old. I like that Sam gets to interact with other babies and little people besides just us and his older siblings. He gets along quite well with the other kids, doesn't get upset when his toys get taken away and does his fair share of taking as well. ;)
I think his favorite part of the class is the finger play songs. As soon as the instructor, Miss Laura, starts to sing, Sam will stop whatever he is doing to watch her and starts be-bopping along to the tune. The little dude LOVES music!
I'll have to keep you posted as to whether or not this actually works for us. As the instructor said, you get out of it what you put into it.
And as an added note, at the end of this month, we get to start parent/child swim lessons! I can't wait for those! Sam just LOVES the water!
1 comment:
Awe...let me know how those classes go. I've been thinking about doing something like that with Sarah, but don't know if it is worth the money. Not that she isn't worth it, but you see where I am going with this...
my email...
JennGrimm@juno.com
no spam or solicitation please at least not until after midnight..
Have a great Tuesday night lady!
Muah!
Post a Comment