Sunday, June 04, 2006

Blessings


Sam was our "uh-oh" baby. He's the baby who wasn't supposed to happen. He's the baby who followed my miscarriage the fall before. He's the baby we were trying to prevent.

Sam is also my 'baby.' My youngest. The baby of the family in every sense of the word. He is 7 years younger than T.J. He is 10 years younger than Hope. He is loved on, kissed on, doted on, held, snuggled with, and played with, and babied by each of us. He recieves all of our undivided attention. Every smile, every look, every changed expression, every whimper, every laugh is met with adoration and love.

Sam is our gift from God. In spite of what we wanted and what our plans and intentions were, God had his own. And once more, we were blessed with another blonde fuzzy headed blue eyed baby...another boy.

I have always believed that God sees the whole picture. That he sees what we need, when we can't. That he sees what we don't need when we can't see past our wants. I believe that Sam was a part of God's plan; for me, for Paul, for Hope, for T.J. For our family. He is a special gift that has blessed us all. As God once blessed Hannah with her infant son, he has blessed us as well.

I can't wait to see how God uses my little Samuel John to bless others as well. I am grateful for this gift...for this one last baby, and thank him every day for all them.

3 comments:

SXYMMA said...

awww that was beautiful, MOH!!!

Trina said...

Okay Angel, Can I just say that was so beautiful! I completely understand EVERY word you just wrote. I do believe that God knows exactly what we need, and you needed Samuel John. The being blessed like Hannah put a lump in my throat. You are blessed, so very very blessed. We all need to count our blessings. Thank you for that!

Angel said...

test