Sunday, June 11, 2006

Let's Play!


I once read that if you followed your kids around for a day, you would get enough exercise to lose weight. I think I agree.

My kids are doing a program for the summer through their schools called http://walkacrossillinois.org They are supposed to log the number of miles that they exercise or the number of minutes they exercised for each day through out the summer months. Just last week, Hope logged 2 hours swimming, 1 1/2 hours playing softball, and at least 5 miles riding her bike with her grandpa to garage sales and walking a mile at the track.

The only thing is, I'm so out of shape, if I even tried to keep up, I'd probably have a heart attack and die. Then of course, my children would be motherless. How sad would that be?

Maybe I'll just stick to my occasional walk.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

puleeeeeeeze....being in better shape will help you enjoy your kids more, cause you will have enough energy to play with them. I have faith in you. Just remember everyone has to start out somewhere, even if it is only 1 minute a day.

SXYMMA said...

Hope did all that in ONE week? OMG! I'm lucky if I do that much in a MONTH :S

Angel said...

Sam! She did all that in one DAY!!!

SXYMMA said...

:S omg!!! What I'd give to have HALF of her energy. Although, I'd bet if we carried one of those pedometers around everywhere we went, we'd be surprised at how far we walked.

You know, something just occured to me. It's because she doesn't call it "exersize" - she calls it playing. That should be the new word for it. Exersize sounds like some horrid torture - but playing sounds fun!!!

Angel said...

That's exactly it, Sam! It's NOT exercise to her. Which actually, now that you mention it, is sort of what bothers me about this Walk Across ILL thing. She and her friend go to the track and walk/run their mile so they can log their time. As you saw in that one day....that's not even necessary! She gets PLENTY of exercise just playing!

Anonymous said...

Exercise use to be such a part of my life, planned exercise that is...hehehe Now forget it...I have the treadmill, and I have to MAKE myself get on it..ugghh
I do have to say though, that we get more than we think with all of our kids and their stuff.
First of all, you are beautiful, but there is nothing like feeling fit, so you go for it ANGEL!!!