
I'm so proud of myself! One of my biggest concerns about having a baby so long after my first two, was how it was going to work with our active lifestyles. With both of them playing soccer and one playing softball, all at the same time, we're busy! And mamma does a lot of running!
I must say, Sam handles all this running pretty good. At the soccer games, I throw a big quilt out on the ground and he crawls around on that, wrestles with his favorite toy...the water bottle (this can keep him busy for a good hour!), and sometimes ventures off the blanket to eat grass, at which time, good old mom has to ruin the fun and pull him back.
Now at the softball games, it's a different issue. Since Hope pitches, I usually like to sit in my lawn chair up next to home plate with the rest of the parents. But now that Sam is so mobile, he's just not as content to sit in his stroller, where he's shaded, for an entire ball game anymore.
So, I got creative! We now sit in the outfield in the van. I back the van up, open the hatch, and with the seats folded down, spread the quilt out in the back. I then sit in the back with my legs in front of the opening so he can't crawl out, and we have a make-shift playpen where he can crawl around, climb up on the folded seats and play all he wants. He loves it! I love it, because I don't have to deal with a crabby baby.
The only downside is, I can't see the scoreboard and I have a hard time keeping track of the score now. Oh well, sometimes peace and quiet is worth a few sacrifices.


7 comments:
CUTE!!! Yet another reason to get a van. For some strange reason, I just have a hard time with the whole van=mom concept. But they seem to be really handy.
Jenn, I never wanted a van. Never in a million years. I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse when DD was born. I had to put the seat straight up and down when she was in the back or the carseat wouldn't fit! Needless to say, it was time to get another car by then. My mom had a Blazer and I loved the extra space. And then I figured, heck...if I'm going to go bigger, I may as well go all the way! Thus the van!
I will, however, have another Eclipse someday...someday! ;)
I had to come over here, hoping you hosted these pics through blogspot and not photobucket so I could see them! He's adorable!
Oh, and I drive a Honda Accord. IF I ever upgrade to a "mommy" vehicle I think I'll go with an SUV....but I think for now I'll stick with my little bitty car :)
btw I wish I could write like you!!
Whaddya' mean, Sam????!!! I thought that Tetris analogy was pretty damn good!
LOL yeah every once in a while my brain wakes up and comes up with something brilliant. Then, basking in it's glory, it goes back to sleep for about another month.
You are brilliant!! We have a suburban for our crew, but I am not against a mini van...the only problem is our driveway in the winter requires a 4WD...ugghh.
Post a Comment