Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just Another Day...

Not much going on here these days. No big philosophical issues to discuss, no major dilemmas to stew about. Life has been pretty much (dare I say it?) calm the last week or 2.

After the cat was put down, it seemed much easier to move on from there. I just hated the thought of her sitting in that cage for days by herself. :( But she is free now. I still keep thinking that I see her out of the corner of my eye when I turn too fast. I catch myself taking a second look but there's nothing there.

However, I have never been one to worry (at least for long) about anything, and I fully believe that all things happen for a (good) reason; (Romans 8:28 (The Message) He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.)

I love to look for (and find) the small blessings in all things and in this saga, as with so many others, there is certainly one as well; there is noticeably less cat hair flying around the house these days. ;-)

So, since I have nothing big and important to discuss, I'll just post some cute pictures of the kiddos. :D

This is what I call an early education. Sam is helping Hope with her 7th grade math. He's going to be brilliant some day. I just know it! As you can probably guess, he is a bit fond of his "Hopie." He makes no qualms about when he wants her attention. And, as is usually the case, he was not disappointed. This little guy has a lot of people in his life willing and ready to drop most anything for him. Lucky little dude!



These are just a few pics from church the other day while waiting for the Children's Ministry Team meeting to start.

Turkey dinner anyone? We caught us a live one!


Hurry, catch him....he's escaping!!!


Partners in crime...

4 comments:

Trina said...

Yay...you fixed it! Thank you! Loving the turkey on the cart...lol

Our babies are so fortunate to have so many to hold them and love them! Well I think its so good for the older kids too. Its awesome all around. That is why having six isn't that daunting. When Mama is busy someone else can pitch in! Thankfully!

Angel said...

Having Sam has definitely been easier . There is almost always an extra pair of arms to pitch in; even if just for a second. I knew Hope and TJ would be a lot of help, but I never realized how much I would really appreciate it. I can also so I think it has been quite an eye opener for Hope as well; she is in no hurry to have kids, let me tell ya', lol! She totally understands the time demands of a baby now, that's for sure. I can totally see how having six (or more) would actually not be that hard. Outside of the financial constraints; the older ones really are a lot of help; and the thing is, they enjoy helping. Hope and TJ often fight over who gets to take Sam. I have to say though, I am very careful to not take advantage of them as well. I have seen situations where the older kids are *expected* to care for the younger and I make it a point not to do that. So far...everyone is happy. In fact, they would like to have another baby, lol! There are only 2 things holding me back; the financial aspect of it and my weight; I'm not really happy with that right now, and by the time I lose that, not sure how much of a factor my age will be, lol!

Trina said...

I whole heartedly agree with you. My boys all talk about waiting a while after they get married. They love babies, but they totally get how much work they are in REAL life...lol You should have another! A little playmate for Sam would be awesome!

Unknown said...

The pictures are adorable-as always! I also love the little turkey one and the one of "hopie" holding sam really put a smile on my face!