Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday, September 6th, 2007--Rabies Story Part II

Remember the bat? It tested positive for rabies.

They're saying we won't need to be treated, because it wasn't found in an area where people were sleeping (and that is the protocol). Paul and I are thinking more and more it came through the fireplace instead of the attic though. We had them when we first moved in (one was upstairs...we were all awake) and then after Paul did all the work on the house, we didn't seem them for several years. I thought we'd taken care of the problem.

The last 2 years, we've had about 4...all of them downstairs. I'm really beginning to think they came from the fireplace. Wherever they're coming in at, we definitely need to do something to keep them out.

I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to see what we need to do about Ember.

No comments: